Sunday, December 13, 2009

The feature on my work as posted on The Bokeh Pot

Libbie Ventiquattro Photography – Timberville, VA

December 9, 2009

Meet Libbie, a wedding photographer who loves capturing the expressions of people, but who really loves landscape photography. She shoots Nikon using her left eye in JPEG mode.

www.libbieventiquattrophotography.com
www.libbieventiquattrophoto.blogspot.com
Facebook
Myspace

Describe the moment you decided it was time to pursue this as a career?
Before my daughter was born I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with my life. I had always been someone who took tons of photographs. After her birth I became nuts about scrapbooking and photography, from there I took online classes, joined forums and just couldn’t get enough. In June 2004 I was able to make my dream a reality, shooting my first wedding. From that I have never looked back, and today I have been privilaged to work with so many great people!

18-135mm f/6.3

What is one thing you’ve learned so far that has proven most valuable?
Keeping faith in myself, don’t compare myself to everyone and believe my work is second best, as for those I work with treat everyone as your closest friends., and I will always believe that I am a mommy, wife and then a photographer!

What makes you different from everyone else?
I put my whole heart into my work by being myself.

18-135mm f/8

Who is your one favorite up-and-coming photographer?
There are so many great ones, but I would have to say I love the work of Stacey Rainer.

One item you can’t live without?
I absolutely love my D80, I don’t know how I shot without it!

Your favorite bokeh image?

18-135mm f/5.6


Why did you want to be included on The Bokeh Pot?
I love looking at other photographers work and networking is always a plus. Hopefully I can inspire others with my work to pursue their dreams!

Favorite book?
Honestly I have a couple, One is the Killer Angels and the other is God and Generals. I am a huge Civil War enthusist.

18-135 mm f/5.6

Favorite movie?
I have two that tie for first – Braveheart and Gettysburg.

Where do you find inspiration?
My family is my true inspiration., Without my husband and children I don’t believe I would be where I am now.

18-135mm f/5.6

What do you think is the most valuable aspect of your business?
For me it would be the friendship of clients I have made.

Do you use a second shooter?
There are some sessions that yes I have used a second shooter for such as larger weddings.

18-135mm f/6.3

How would you recommend that someone wanting to second shoot with you go about getting the gig?
For me when I am looking for a second shooter I want to know their inspiration to shoot, what they are looking for in the photography field and of course I want to meet and see their work, I always want to see if the second shooter and I have a good chemistry.

If you could second shoot with anyone, who would it be?
I would love to work with some of the photographers that I have become friends with over the years. – One is Andrea from www.andreabrownphotography.com and Didi from www.dididaniellephoto.com

18-135mm f/10

Are you a member of any organizations and have you won any awards?
I am an active member of a wonderful organization called Americorps and the Ms. Wheelchair Virginia Organization which I am the webmaster and photographer for, as well as Think Pink Photography

What did you have to do to actually take the leap? Did you have any hoops to jump through?

For me it was more of getting my nerve up enough to do it., I am constantly driving to make my work even better. I feel like I haven’t jumped through enough yet. There is always something that I am needing to get through.


18-135mm f/5.6

Do you have suggestions for others trying to make the transition?
Spend as much time as you can online looking through forums, don’t pass up any chances you have to learn!

What is the biggest or most creative thing you do/have done to draw new clients?
I have a lot of clients who have found me through word of mouth, event planners or even my ads through craigslist. I don’t advertise really otherwise than that., Once my children are big enough, I plan on throwing myself completely into working full time.

Are you for or against advertising (paid or free)? If for, who have you had the most success with?
I am for both paid and free, the most success I have had is craigslist., the funny thing is the majority of my work has been from there.

18-135mm f/5.6

What’s your idea of the perfect photographer networking “date”?

I would love to do a group “high school senior” session, that way we can learn techniques and new ideas from each other!

Anything else you would like to share?
Thank you for the opportunity to share my work!

18-135mm f/5.6

No comments: