Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

Wow what a year 2008 was for us! We were constantly busy! It all started in April with the marriage of my cousin, then the Ms. Wheelchair VA pageant, and wedding after wedding to follow. I really enjoyed working with all the great people who allowed me to be part of their special days! Some of those of which I have become great friends with., and look forward to working with again in the future!

May through the end of November were crazy. July however was a brief break for me, meanwhile in August I had 3 weddings within 8 days, and I honestly don't know how I made it through. October was a very special month for me as my little brother married his soul mate Sara. They have a beautiful little girl named Kali. November 22, 2008 was my last wedding of the year and I have just finished uploading those photographs to my website.

There are some special people I would like to thank for making this year such a success.

Casey and Sheree were just a great couple to work with.,I met with them in the first of the year, we sat down and decided on what package, which followed with engagement and bridal photographs and then their beautiful wedding on May 10. I have to thank Carol and Wayne for all they have done, including allowing me to photograph their daughter Carter's wedding to Matt in November. Their entire family has been such a blessing!


Erica and Jasper thank you so much for all the support you have given me over the past months. I truly hope you love the coffee table book! I look forward to spending time with you in the future. Also thank you so much for referring me to Alaina and Zach! You have really believed in me and for that I will always be greatful!


Stephanie and James came to me through a couple that I worked with in 2007 Laura and Scott. They were both great couples to work with! Its great to have couples that are so flexible and go with the flow!

In April I did a bridal session with Jennifer. She was wonderful and in June she married Matt. Their special day took place in Roanoke. The day started off sunny and then it ended up raining- POURING the rain about the time I was going to take the formal shots on the golf course. Well off to plan B I took all of the formal shots inside the church which turned out beautiful!! She was a referral from a friend that I went to elementary school with.

Between May and June I had both my kids birthdays along with my husband- needless to say it was a little busy!

July was a break for me however there was editing and ordering to do! Off to August, as I said above I shot 3 weddings in 8 days. I shot Jennifer and Travis's wedding at a beautiful location in Great Falls Virginia on August 2. The location was the home of Travis' parents. It was the perfect setting for an elegant backyard wedding.

On August 10 I shot the wedding of Jamie and Keshon in downtown DC. They had such a romantic wedding. I had been working with Jamie for over a year on her wedding day. The wedding was originially scheduled for August 2007 but however due to cercomstances it was the following August. Jamie was such an easy person to work with and is very details, however she allowed me to do my own thing and capture the day as I saw fit. I am sure I will be working with her again soon!

The day of Cari and Brian was filled with joy. Colors were the main detail in this wedding. All I can say is they were beautiful. Cari was a blushing bride walking down the alise to the gizibo where underneither she wed the man of her dreams. They came to me through a wedding planner named Autumn in the Roanoke area. She was such a joy to work with as well. The day could not have been better.

September came with a class reunion of Stuarts Draft High School class of 1998. I really enjoyed seeing people that I had went to school with, however I had graduated the year before. All I can say is we had a great time!! Thanks class of 98! In September I also shot the bridal portraits of Ashley. She was a referral from Jennifer. They were both in each others weddings as maids of honor. Ashley and Matt were married on October 25 at a beautiful lodge in Roanoke. It was a fall like day and the scene was breath taking.

October as I said above was a very special month for me as I shot my brothers special day on October 4. Evan and Sara were high school sweethearts whom had lost their way and finally found their way back together forever. They have a beautiful daughter who is the light of their eye. The theme of the wedding was black and white and the bride was stunning, and I'm not just saying that because she is my sister in law lol. The day could have not any better! On October 12 I made my way back up to Great Falls and shot the wedding of Heather and Tommy in the Great Falls National Park. It was a scene you all just need to see for yourself. The falls are beautiful! So... take a trip!

November brought the weddings of Kym and Alvin on November 9 in DC and also Carter and Matt on November 15. Kym and Alvin were so easy to work with. Their reception... well I can tell you I haven't seen a reception of guests have so much fun. There was tons of dancing, laughing and food! We all had a great time and I hope to work with them again soon. Carter and Matt were so easy going., I try my best to be a photographer that cares for their clients and can blend in with family. Carter and Matt were no exception, their wedding was really the joining of two best friends. Their day was so perfect, everything went off just the way it was ment to be. November ended with the vows of Alaina and Matt, their day was spent in the beautiful Morrison-Clark Historic Inn and Resturant. The location was built in 1864 and is just of Massachusettes Aveune in downtown DC. I have to say the setting was perfect. Alaina was 8 months pregnant at the time and was a beautiful bride, and mom to be.

So in a nutshell that was my year, 14 weddings, 2 bridal sessions, a high school reunion, portrait sessions and a pageant. I just hope that 2009 will be as much, and I will be able to work with wonderful people! For more of my work and to see more photographs please visit my website!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are all so beautiful. I have got to learn how to group photos like that. Looks great!